Where to start…
I began playing golf when I was 8 years old. I immediately fell in love with the game and joined several golf leagues during the summer.
From there, I played both high school and college golf and decided that golf was what I wanted to do with my career. I gravitated towards the teaching route after graduating from Saginaw Valley State in 2014.
I currently work for three city courses located in Livonia, Michigan. There I am the Director of Instruction where I spend my day creating lesson plans and giving both group and individual golf lessons. This past year I have:
- Gave over 400 individual golf lessons
- Became a member of the PGA
- Managed a team of instructors to teach over 200 juniors during the summer season
- Created and implemented both junior golf camps and tournaments
- Developed and promoted a beginning golf school to teach new golfers all about the game.
- And perhaps most importantly, I created Golfing Tips For Beginners to spread golf info to the world!
This year I hope to add even more programs at my golf courses to help keep influencing and growing the game of golf.
From a playing standpoint, I also have some goals that I have accomplished and some that I still would like to accomplish:
- Lowest Round- 65 for 18-holes
- Average Drive- 298 (so close to 300…)
- Current handicap 2.3
- Longest putt – over 100 feet at the Gails Golf Resort in Oscoda, MI
- I still have not gotten a hole in one but I still believe!
- Play Pebble Beach
- Win a Golf Tournament
- Play Golf in Europe
I hope you enjoy the site and feel free to look around to see if you find anything interesting!
PGA Golf Professional